Thursday, March 6, 2014

Update

There hasn't been a blog post in a while, so I figured I'd give everyone an update. 
We've finally collected all of our electronics equipment for the tracking device. I say that with some reservations, however, after making three or four separate shipments from the same electronics site within days of each other. You tend to not realize what it is you forgot to buy until after the shipment arrives. In short, we spent a little too much on shipping than we should have. So anyway, all of the equipment is here and I've already made some tests on the GPS with the arduino, and the radios. Thankfully I have access to the electronics equipment at school: oscilloscopes, storage-scopes, meters, etc. I hope to have the tracker finished by spring break, but I have a lot of work to do. I may post a video on the Facebook page of some tests in the weeks to come. In other news, we've decided on a launch date, which will be the weekend of April 18th-21st. Why those dates? Well that's another bit of news for you. Recently, I stumbled upon something called the Global Space Balloon Challenge. It's a worldwide competition for teams to enter who are doing projects just like us. We've decided to enter it, and the launch date is between the 18th and 21st of April. We'll be competing against high school, college, and independent teams from countries all over the world!
Well that's about all I have for now. Remember, go like our Facebook page at facebook.com/nearspaceadventures for the latest news and content. 

Oh yeah, and maybe you could help us out a little and press that shiny "donate" button over there on the right side of the page. Don't worry, it's through Paypal so it's quite secure. So yeah, press the button. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment